Ceramic foundry sand is made from the high quality bauxite, it is the new type casting sand Ceramic Foundry Sand used in precision casting, resin coated sand, and shell mold casting and so on. Ceramic Foundry Sand is a kind of a new artificial Foundry sand that is ball-shaped, high heat -resistant, low heat dilating rate. It has advantage of cost and performance than Chromite sand and zircon sand that provide the effective ways to increase improve the quality of the foundry, cost-down and less damage to the environment. It is the best selection to put the NFS into use in the field foundry and has good vision of development.
Major chemical element and physical parameter
1. Main chemical element: Al2O3≥75% , Fe2O3≤5%, Tio2≤5%, SiO2 5%-20%, Else: Tittle.
2. Shape: Ball Shape.
3. Angle Factor: ≤ 1.1, very close to ball.
4. Bulk Density: 1.95-2.05 (g/cm3).
5. Refractoriness: ≥1790℃.
6. Thermal expansion : 0.13%（10 minutes at 1000℃.
Features & advantages
1. Round solid Ball shape: The shape is mostly close to ball with smooth surface and lower specific surface area. And it has very good air permeability good liquidity and easy to fill that can make the surface perfect when founded. Further more; NFS can flow very easily and easy to clean. The less felting liquid can be used than other sand when using ceramic foundry sand.
2. Lower thermal expansion rate and thermal conductivity: It is just this characteristic that makes the foundry more precisely, less cracking and high output. Improve foundry quality.
3. Lower cleavage breakage rate: It has high density and has very low cleavage breakage rate. Easily reclaimed that makes it more protect environment for the less sand powder occurred.
4. High refractoriness and service temperature: Major element is Al2O3 that has very good refractoriness.
Ceramic Foundry Sand is widely used in various casting ways (precision casting, sodium silicate-bonded sand casting, lost foam casting and so on). Ceramic Foundry Sand also can be used for shot peening (aluminum, copper, steel casting). Ceramic foundry Sand is suitable for precoated sand, resin sand, and silicate-bonded sand.